1 - 1/4 cups all purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
Pinch of salt
Zest of one lemon half
1/2 cup of very cold butter, cut into small cubes
3 tablespoons of ice water
4 ounces of Deluxe Foods jam
Equipment: Food processor, rolling pin, mini-muffin pans.
- In a food processor, add the flour, sugar, salt, and lemon zest, and pulse to combine.
- Add the butter cubes and pulse about 5 times for 5 seconds at a time, until texture resembles oatmeal.
- Sprinkle the ice water over the flour, and pulse a few more times until the dough begins to clump.
- Dump the dough on to waxed paper, squeeze the clumps together, and press into a flat round. Place another sheet of
waxed paper on top and roll the dough to ¼” thickness. Transfer dough, still within its waxed paper, to a cookie sh
eet and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove dough from refrigerator, remove top sheet of wax paper, and cut 3” circles of dough with a cookie cutter.
If you have a fluted cookie cutter, that’s the one to use.
- Fit dough circles into mini-muffin pans. It’s okay if they crinkle a bit as you push them into the cup.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon jam into each dough-filled cup.
- Bake tartlets for 12-15 minutes, or until crust is lightly browned and jam is bubbling. Let cool before serving.
Tartlets can be kept in an air-tight container for up to three days.